6/1/11

The coop - before and after

My husband isn't really the type to build things like chicken coops, so in order to avoid having to build one (because he knows I'd make him) he went and bought me one. How sweet! I liked the coop but the colors-eh. They were a little dull for my taste. So I repainted it. He helped quite a bit and Jake helped too. Steve also redid the roof. The original one was damaged by some wind and when he went to fix it, he found that they used really cheap shingles so he put a metal roof on it (because we had that on hand, which is also why one half is white and the other half is silver). Here are the before and afters.









And the inside. Please excuse the mess-we have been using the nesting box shelf as a catch-all. Also we took out the original roost because it wasn't higher than the nest boxes, which is a necessity or they will roost on the nests, which is gross.







I love my bright coop.

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I *heart* your bright coop too! Soooo cute! Can't wait to see you fill it up with chickens. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Love your coop! I wanted to paint mine, but the ever tolerant husband threatened to leave home if I drew any more attention to the garden. It looks fab!

    ReplyDelete